It's been almost a year [10 months, actually, but, close enough]
It is time for the greatest characters that you, the people of Prototype, can think of to once again do battle for glory, for honor and for the title of "Greatest Mega Man Character Ever [at least, for now]"
The 3rd edition of the PMMCT [Prototype Mega Man Character Tournament] will soon arrive! The planned start date is March 17, but, if changes must be made, I'll be sure to speak up.
What is the PMMCT? Well, once again, you, the people of Prototype, decide who you believe is the greatest Mega Man character of all time [at least for now]. It's simple. I post a division of 4 pairs of 2 MM characters, and you have 24 hours to vote on your more favored MM character in each pair; not who you think would win in a fight, but, who you like more overall. The characters could be from any galaxy in the Mega Man universe--Classic, World, X, Legends, Zero, Battle Network, ZX or Star Force. In fact, any MM character from any official MM game could take part.
The MM character with more votes advances to the next round. In the case of all ties, yours truly gives the tiebreaking vote. I always ban myself from voting, otherwise.
The 4 survivors from Round 1 do battle in Round 2. The 2 winners of Round 2 advance to the Division Final, and the winner there advances to the Grand Division, which, as usual, we save for last. Seeing as there's no seeding or byes EVER, it's always more and more interesting matchups as regular Divisions get cleared and it gets closer and closer to the final Grand Division, where the best of the best as chosen by you face off.
How do we choose what characters make it into the Tourney? That's ALSO decided on by you! You get to nominate which characters--up to 35--you'd like to see in the Tournament! However, ONLY the 64 characters [or more if there's enough for a 96-character or 128-character tourney] with the most nominations will make it into the tourney. Each person can nominate up to 35 OFFICIAL characters from the Mega Man universe. Any 35. You can have LESS than 35, if you want, but not more. Also, you can only nominate a character once.
Remember, all nominations must be OFFICIAL characters in the MM universe. By "official", I mean that a character HAS to have appeared in at least one Mega Man video game where Capcom was directly involved in it's creation. No exceptions.
Please don't make multiple posts. You have a 5,000-character limit, so, 1 post is all you need.
You can always edit your post with any additions, subtractions and changes, you might think of late on, but, please don't group your nominations [i.e., "the Stardroids", "the Mega Man Killers", etc.]. Name each of the characters you want to nominate by official North American names, please.
All nominations close on Wednesday, March 15, at 11:59 PM, Eastern Standard Time, at which point, your lists of nominations will be finalized. I'll then tally them up to see who has enough noms to make it into the tournament for sure, who earned just enough noms to make it to the Tourney Eliminator, and who didn't make it at all. The tournament will start on Friday, March 17, at midnight, Eastern Standard Time, with the Tourney Eliminator. Again, you can edit your post all you want to until then with additions, subtractions and changes, but, on Friday, March 17 at 11:59 PM, all lists are final.
Any questions you may have can be posted, here, as well, but, again, please, make only ONE post with an official list.
So, who will win, this time? Will we have a repeat champion? Will one of the top contenders from a previous tourney have a chance to shine, or will a complete unknown rise to the top?
You decide. Remember! Wednesday, March 15 at 11:59 PM, Eastern is when nominations close, and, barring extremely bad luck on my end, The 3rd PMMCT starts with the Tourney Eliminator on Friday, March 17!
[If you have any lingering questions about the PMMCT, itself, you can try finding me on the Prototype Chat and asking me there, or just post in this thread; I'll answer as bestest and as soon as I can.]
Nominations for the 3rd PMMCT Tourney! Posted by ThatGuyNamedMikey on March 1st, 2017 at 11:22am Viewed 396 Times
Posted on March 1st, 2017 at 2:21pmEdited on 2017/03/16 at 12:23am
Posted 2017/03/01 at 2:21pmEdited 2017/03/16 at 12:23am
1. Pooker 2. Pooker 3. Pooker 4. The helment of Justic Man 5. Pooker 6. Pooker 7. Pooker 8. Pooker 9. Pooker 10. Pooker 11. Flame Hynard why have zero when you can have mike being a fool 12. Pooker 13. Green Biker Dude [never forgetti, rest in peace, gpd] 14. Pooker 15. Pooker 16. Knight Man who really has it him to win 17. That one Watermelon robot, so say he is pretty pure and innocent. 18. Skull Man who may or may not kill 19. Pooker 20. Pooker 21. Guts Man's Butt 22. Pooker 23. Rockman Shadow, who is pretty gosh darn edgy as heck 24. Pooker 25. Pooker 26. Pooker 27. Pooker 28. Pooker 29. Pooker 30. Pooker 31. Pooker 32. Pooker 33. Pooker 34. Pooker 35. Clock Man 2. 36-???. The entire cast of megaman starforce 1, 3, but not 2
Posted on March 1st, 2017 at 3:18pmEdited on 2017/03/15 at 11:46pm
Posted 2017/03/01 at 3:18pmEdited 2017/03/15 at 11:46pm
1. Mega Man 2. Dr. Wily 3. Cut Man 4. Dark Man 4 5. Doc Robot 6. Ra Thor 7. Terra 8. Proto Man 9. Quick Man 10. Gravity Man 11. Duo 12. Roll 13. Vile 14. Auto 15. Reggae 16. Sunstar 17. Dr. Cossack 18. Chill Penguin 19. Launch Octopus 20. Proto Man.EXE 21. Tron Bonne 22. Serv-Bots 23. Shade Man 24. Enker 25. Ballade 26. Quint 27. Plum 28. Tengu Man 29. Nitro Man 30. Data (Everyone's favorite monkey robot!) 31. Buster Rod G (Everyone's second favorite monkey robot) 32. Kalinka 33. Pirate Man 34. Flame Stag 35. CutMan.EXE
Posted on March 1st, 2017 at 7:12pmEdited on 2017/03/15 at 11:55pm
Posted 2017/03/01 at 7:12pmEdited 2017/03/15 at 11:55pm
Acid Ace [MegaMan Star Force 3] Astro Man [Mega Man 8] Charge Man [Mega Man 5] Clown Man [Mega Man 8] Cut Man [Mega Man] Dark MegaMan.exe [MegaMan Battle Network 4] Double [Mega Man X4] Duo [Mega Man 8] Dynamo [Mega Man X5] Eddie [Mega Man 4] Galaxy Man [Mega Man 9] Gyro Man [Mega Man 5] Higsby [MegaMan Battle Network] Kalinka Cossack [Mega Man 4] Knight Man [Mega Man 6] Launch Octopus [Mega Man X] Luna Platz [MegaMan Star Force] Magma Dragoon [Mega Man X4] Magnet Man [Mega Man 3] Mega Man [Mega Man] Mega Man X [Mega Man X] MegaMan [MegaMan Star Force] MegaMan.exe [MegaMan Battle Network] Mikhail Cossack [Mega Man 4] Napalm Man [Mega Man 5] Pharaoh Man [Mega Man 4] Rogue [MegaMan Star Force 2] Roll [Mega Man] Roll.exe [MegaMan Battle Network] Search Man [Mega Man 8] Shade Man [Mega Man 7] Sigma [Mega Man X] Skull Man [Mega Man 4] Thomas Light [Mega Man] Wave Man [Mega Man 5]
Posted on March 2nd, 2017 at 12:15amEdited on 2017/03/11 at 7:27pm
Posted 2017/03/02 at 12:15amEdited 2017/03/11 at 7:27pm
1. Fire Man 2. Time Man 3. Star Man 4. Gravity Man 5. Tengu Man 6. Pirate Man 7. Roll 8. Eddie 9. Auto 10. Tango 11. Rush 12. Treble 13. Pluto 14. Konro Man 15. Clock Man 1 16. Clock Man 2 17. Compass Man 18. Mega Man X 19. Chill Penguin 20. Neon Tiger 21. Roll.exe 22. Yai Ayanokoji 23. Ring.exe (she will win this time) 24. Data 25. Aquarius 26. Cancer 27. Gemini 28. Leo 29. Tama 30. Velguarder 31. Beat 32. Kalinka 33. Fan 34. OVER-1
I know, there isn't enough cat characters on this list
EDIT: Do you want to nominate for Ring.exe? Only the best BN Character? Ring.exe is the only netnavi that is the opposite gender of their classic counterpart, and she showed up in only the best BN game: Battlechip Challenge
If you want to support the cause of Ring.exe, you get the privilege of using this beautiful voting button!
Posted on March 2nd, 2017 at 4:48pmEdited on 2017/03/11 at 7:32pm
Posted 2017/03/02 at 4:48pmEdited 2017/03/11 at 7:32pm
Alright, lets do this I guess, just some things I kinda want in
1. Mega Man X 2. Vile 3. Zero 4. Bass 5. Double (Mega Man X4) 6. Magma Dragoon 7. Neon Tiger 8. Wire Sponge (Why not?) 9. Middy (MM Xtreme) 10. Clock Men (Can be split if it isnt ok to have 'em as 1) 11. Rockman Shadow (Also from the wonderswan game, aka MM&B 2) 12. Chill Penguin (Doesnt get enough credit imo, compared to storm) 13. Douglas (Mega Man X5/X6) 14. Dynamo (X5) 15. Commander Yammark (Mega Man X6, because why not have a maverick from one of the 2 "bad" X games) 16. Cancer 17. Guts Man 18. Sigma 19. Aquarius 20. Tango 21. Rush 22. Beat 23. Treble 24. Jupiter 25. Punk 26. Ballade 27. Toad Man 28. Mac 29. Ring.exe 30. Techno(Xtreme) 31. Zain (Xtreme) 32. High Max(MMX6) And im out
1. Proto Man (Mega Man) 2. Bass (Mega Man) 3. Duo (Mega Man) 4. Cut Man (Mega Man 1) 5. Bomb Man (Mega Man 1) 6. Elec Man (Mega Man 1) 7. Time Man (Mega Man Powered Up) 8. Copy Robot/Mega Man? (Mega Man Powered Up) 9. Metal Man (Mega Man 2) 10. Air Man (Mega Man 2) 11. Quick Man (Mega Man 2) 12. Crash Man (Mega Man 2) 13. Wood Man (Mega Man 2) 14. Gemini Man (Mega Man 3) 15. Shadow Man (Mega Man 3) 16. Doc Robot (Mega Man 3) 17. Toad Man (Mega Man 4) 18. Ring Man (Mega Man 4) 19. Skull Man (Mega Man 4) 20. Napalm Man (Mega Man 5) 21. Crystal Man (Mega Man 5) 22. Dark Man 4 (Mega Man 5) 23. Knight Man (Mega Man 6) 24. Freeze Man (Mega Man 7) 25. Slash Man (Mega Man 7) 26. Commando Man (Mega Man 10) 27. Enker (Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge (MM1 GB)) 28. Quint (Mega Man II GB) 29. Punk (Mega Man III GB) 30. Ballade (Mega Man IV GB) 31. Rockman Shadow (Rockman and Forte/Mega Man and Bass 2) 32. Sunstar (Mega Man V GB) 33. Dr. Wily (Mega Man) 34. Zero (Mega Man X) 35. Vile (Mega Man X)
Posted on March 8th, 2017 at 8:23pmEdited on 2017/03/08 at 8:32pm
Posted 2017/03/08 at 8:23pmEdited 2017/03/08 at 8:32pm
1. Vava Vile, obviously (X) 2. Omega-Xis (Shooting Star Rockman) 3. Charge Man (Mega Man 5) 4. Burst Man (Mega Man 7) 5. Freeze Man (Mega Man 7) 6. Aqua Man (Mega Man 8) 7. Tengu Man (Mega Man 8, and a personal favorite of mine) 8. Clown Man (Mega Man 8) 9. Quint (Mega Man V) 10. Stove Man (Mega Man and Bass 2: Challenger from the Future) 11. Bullet Man (Also from Challenger) 12. Bond Man (Ya know... Everyone's favorite!) 13. Elec Man (The original) 14. Shade Man (The Seventh) 15. Pedia (Shooting Star Rockman 3) 16. Top Man (Mega Man 3) 17. Time Man (Powered Up) 18. Oil Man (Also from Powered Up) 19. Luna Platz (Shooting Star) 20. Magnet Man (Mega Man 3) 21. Clash Man (Mega Man 2) 22. Galaxy Man (Mega Man 9) 23. Hornet Man (Mega Man 9) 23. Search Man (Mega Man 8) 24. Strike Man (Mega Man 10) 25. Pump Man (Also 10) 26. Sheep Man (Again, 10) 27. Plug Man (Mega Man 9) 28. Blizzard Man (Mega Man 6) 29. Yamato Man (Also 6) 30. Gyro Man (Mega Man 5) 31. Wave Man (Also 5) 32. Ring Man (Mega Man 4) 33. Skull Man (Mega Man 4) 34. Enker (Dr. Wily's Revenge) 35. Ballade (Wily's Revenge 4)
Posted on March 9th, 2017 at 6:39pmEdited on 2017/03/14 at 10:45pm
Posted 2017/03/09 at 6:39pmEdited 2017/03/14 at 10:45pm
I'm not missing this for the second time.
1. Bit Man 2. Mino Magnus 3. Volt Man 4. Sigma Limited 5. FireMan.EXE 6. Velguarder (you know, Sigma's pet dog thing.) 7. King 8. Palette 9. Gate 10. Flame Hyenard 11. Metall Daddy 12. Copy X MKII 13. Zero.EXE 14. X 15. Mega Man 16. LaserMan.EXE 17. Lumine 18. Storm Eagle 19. Metonger Z 20. Numetall 21. Metall B 22. Camouflametall 23. Cactuspy 24. Metall Potton 25. Metall Cannon 26. Giant Metall Cannon 27. Hell Metall DX 28. Fire Metall 29. Eddy 30. Sniper Joe 31. Returning Sniper Joe 32. Sniper Armor 33. Hammer Joe 34. Skeleton Joe 35. Apache Joe
1. Mega Man [Classic] 2. Roll [Classic] 3. Proto Man [Classic] 4. Bass [Classic] 5. Elec Man [Classic] 6. Cut Man [Classic] 7. Gemini Man [Classic] 8. Ring Man [Classic] 9. Star Man [Classic] 10. Gyro Man [Classic] 11. Tomahawk Man [Classic] 12. Knight Man [Classic] 13. Mega Man Volnutt [Legends] 14. Tron Bonne [Legends] 15. Mega Man.exe [BN] 16. Roll.exe [BN] 17. Proto Man.exe [BN] 18. Bass.exe [BN] 19. Metal Man.exe [BN] 20. Skull Man.exe [BN] 21. Axl [X] 22. Galaxy Man [Classic] 23. Napalm Man [Classic] 24. Mega Man X [X] 25. Wheel Gator [X] 26. Blizzard Buffalo [X] 27. Teisel Bonne [Legends] 28. Rush [Classic] 29. Beat [Classic] 30. Tango [Classic] 31. Sniper Joe [Classic] 32. Enker [Classic] 33. Punk [Classic] 34. Ballade [Classic] 35. Nine-Tails [X]
Posted on March 11th, 2017 at 9:21amEdited on 2017/03/11 at 7:32pm
Posted 2017/03/11 at 9:21amEdited 2017/03/11 at 7:32pm
1. Mega Man X 2. Mega Man Classic 3. Galaxy Man 4. Model X 5. Bass.EXE 6. Mega Man Volnutt 7. Sniper Joe 8. Cut Man 9. Metal Man 10. Gemini Man 11. Copy X 12. Green Biker Dude 13. Storm Eagle 14. Sigma 15. Zero 16. Elec Man 17. Skull Man (KILLS) 18. Dr.Wily 19. Dr.Light 20. Dynamo 21. Glyde [Legends] 22. Vile 23. Omega Zero 24. Axl 25. Model Z 26. Model P 27. The Copy Robot 28. Terra 29. Venus 30. Vent 31. Ring.EXE 32. Colton 33. Quint 34. Over-R 35. KUNG FU CUTMAN
#'s 12 and 13 are grouped. There's also no specification as to whether you mean the Zero from the X series, the PLAYABLE Zero from the Zero series, or the OTHER Zero from MMZ3, whose name is Omega. Wouldn't be a problem if they weren't grouped. The first 2 I have to view as one and the same due to having the same name. Failure to specify who you mean by 3/15 means I have to accept this as a single "Zero [MMX]" entry. There's also The Clock Men at #35, which you already know is a thing, I suspect. :P
uraccountcrashed: Bond Man isn't a thing, friend. :P Walter: 36/35 entries. Also, Ryu isn't an MM character. Nice try. :P
as long as red text didn't appear besides your name, your list is currently OK.
1. Bass.EXE 2. Ballade 3. Sunstar 4. Mega Man 5. Mega Man X 6. Zero (X Series) 7. Ring.EXE 8. Green Biker Dude (From MMX2) 9. Mac (From MMX3) 10. Copy X 11. CosmoMan.EXE 12. MetFire Virus (Battle Network) 13. Sigma 14. Dr. Weil 15. Vile 16. Omega 17. Dynamo 18. Spider 19. Mega Man.EXE 20. Proto Man 21. Fan 22. Mettal (Classic Series) 23. Mettaur Virus (Battle Network) 24. Rockman Shadow 25. Terra 26. Enker 27. OVER-1 28. Cut Man 29. King 30. Plum 31. Guts Man 32. Shadow Devil 33. Metonger Z (Mega Man 6) 34. Geo Stellar 35. Pooker (Mega Man 6)
Posted on March 13th, 2017 at 5:24pmEdited on 2017/03/13 at 5:49pm
Posted 2017/03/13 at 5:24pmEdited 2017/03/13 at 5:49pm
Less than 72 hours before the end of nominations. Folks. Remember, 11:59, EST on 3/15.
Current problems [Only underlined, bolded ones are of any importance]:
MegaBossMan: Officially, 34/35 Entries.
MegaBoyX7: You have Cut Man listed twice; only one will count. Officially, 33/35 entries.
Meta: Officially, 33/35 Entries.
Musical: Officially, 34/35 Entries.
ThatOneEnder: 36/35 Entries.
uraccountcrashed: Bond Man isn't valid. Nominations have to have appeared in at least one official VIDEO GAME to be valid [I've stated this in the opening post in all 3 PMMCT's]. Sorry. Officially, 34/35 Entries.
Walter: The opening post says nothing about "Mighty No. 9" characters [and never will]. Officially, 33/35 entries.
Posted on March 16th, 2017 at 12:01amEdited on 2017/03/16 at 12:59am
Posted 2017/03/16 at 12:01amEdited 2017/03/16 at 12:59am
All lists were screened at precisely 11:59 PM, ESt, and are now locked in and finalized. Sowwyyyy.
Noms are now CLOSED! I'll be making a new thread where the ACTUAL PMMCT 3 will take place later tonight. At or around 12:01 AM on 3/17, the Tourney Eliminator will begin, which will whittle the number of combatants down to the 96 we need [yes, confirmed, 96, not 64] for the Tourney.
Thanks for all the noms. See you soon. also, whooooooooo! 400 posts!